Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

immediate resignation

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 immediate resignation on Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:47 pm

hi, i just want to seek legal advise here. i worked in my previous company for 1 year and 8 months. that is my first job ever. Last February, i got dengue and been confined in the hospital for 4 days. I haven't been so okay yet after the confinement, but i still go to work. Often times, they're sending me home because i look pale.
Time came that I felt the need for me to stop working. So, i submitted an immediate resignation letter. Other than that, para mapagpahinga ko din yung sarili ko physically.
Three times ako nag submit ng resignation letter, kase my supervisor kept on asking me to change the dates due to important matters.
the day came, i was able to submit it. and it has been signed by the management. on that day, i was able to finish my clearance as well. They provided me a Clearance Notification Form.

I just recently had the time to organize everything. They gave me the computation of my pay, and told me that i cant get my COE until i settle the amount of 7,000. That amount came from my supposedly backpay, but since i didnt rendered 30 days, they told me that its because of breach of contract. They deducted the total amount of 22 working days on my backpay, that's why it appears negative.

They also get my ATM card from me, 3 days before our pay day.

I really dont know what to do. pls help Sad

View user profile

2 Re: immediate resignation on Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:03 pm


Reclusion Perpetua
They CANNOT do that. For not rendering the 30-day turnover period, the law states that the employer 'MAY SUE FOR DAMAGES' (e. g. cost of trainings, etc.) Be it as it may, the law requires the employer to make an audit investigation as to the accountability of the employee.

If the employee has accountabilities or is liable for damages, the employer is required to claim such in the courts of law. They are required to prove their claim for damages with appropriate evidences.

Their basis for the computation is absurd and is questionable. As such, you may file for 'Money Claims' with the DOLE.

View user profile

3 Re: immediate resignation on Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:33 pm

if ever po, pwede po ba ako mag file ng complain sa DOLE about it. ?

View user profile

4 Re: immediate resignation on Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:34 pm

sige po. maraming salamat po sa pag rereply. aactionan ko na po ito kagad. ayoko po kse mabale wala ung time po ng pagttrabaho ko sa company nila. thanks po

View user profile

5 Re: immediate resignation on Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:36 pm


you can also opt to go straight to the NLRC to file the money claim.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

6 Re: immediate resignation on Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:22 pm

anu po ba mas better , sa NLRC muna? or DOLE agad
thanks po

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum