I've been working as an online ESL (English As Second Language) teacher for quite some time now. I've worked with 3 online companies (office based) and these companies have different policies concerning their employees. My current company gives an hourly rate for every classes rendered. Basically, our salary depends on the number of classes we have rendered multiplied by the hourly rate. Rate starts at 80.00/hour up to 120.00/hour. We have 'no-work,no-pay' policy. It was stated in our contract that our status is a 'part-time' employee in which we are not deducted with mandatory deductions required by law. No 13th month as well but the company provides 10% of our monthly income every month in lieu of 13th month. Here are my questions:
1. Would it be possible for the company to impose a bond to those who are under probationary? If so,how much?
2. Even we know that our status is part-time employee but we work from 4 to 8 hours or more, aren't we entitled for 13 month?
3. Admin employees receive a fixed monthly salary but they don't have any deductions when they do not report for work. (knowing that we have no work-no pay policy) Is it fine?
4. Admin employees receive 13th month but 'part-time employees' don't. Fair?
5. The company provides a ceiling rate for our hourly rate regardless of the employee's tenure. Is it okay?
I have more questions but so far these are some of my query which I want to clarify. I hope you can help me out at least I can also inform the management on what to do.
Thank you very much and more power