Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register


Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 BIR TAX EXEMPT on Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:03 pm


Arresto Menor

I have been separated from my estranged spouse for more than a year now but not legally.

Recently I have moved to a new company and since I am the 'Wife' I need to file a BIR Waiver so that I could put in my child as my dependent for tax exemption, thus changing my BIR status from 'M'to 'M1'.

My child is in my custody and has not been receiving any child support from my ex-husband.

I contacted him to sign the BIR Waiver Form but he wanted my to provide him with an "Affidavit" that states that I am requesting the tax exempt because we have already separated.

1. What Affidavit is that?
2. And will that backfire if we decided to get an annulment in the future?
3. What are the pros and cons of that affidavit?
4. Do I need to still file the BIR Waiver form or will the affidavit do the trick for the tax exempt?

Thank you.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum