Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Am I an "illegitimate" child or not?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Am I an "illegitimate" child or not? on Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:46 am

June94

Arresto Menor
My father, unbeknownst to me before, committed bigamy. I was 19 years old when I found out. My birth certificate says that he's my father and all, and my mom (his second wife) and he are married (they have a marriage certificate). And yeah, my father's not separated/annulled from his first wife.

Now I'm applying for a passport and am asked in the online appointment sheet if I'm illegitimate or not. I know providing wrong info about my identity might have repercussions (it might not be a problem if I applied "before" I knew about it because then, I would have only provided what I knew to be true to the best of my ability), so I'd like to be sure if in my case (now that I know my family is just my father's second), am I considered legitimate or illegitimate?

I tried reading the Family Code, but of course, I got confused when they pertained to the "marriage" of the parents (again, as I mentioned, my parents are married and it was registered).

Thanks for your responses in advance!

View user profile

2 Re: Am I an "illegitimate" child or not? on Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:36 am

Yes you are an illegitimate child

View user profile

3 Re: Am I an "illegitimate" child or not? on Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:35 pm

marlo

Reclusion Perpetua
Yes, illegitimate child acknowledged by the father.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum