Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

QUALIFIED theft. :c

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 QUALIFIED theft. :c on Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:07 am


Arresto Menor

Good morning. I just need your advise. my father has been working in a company as a manager for more than 20years now and has been terminated when he's actually planning to retire because he's already 52. He was borrowing some money from the company and money borrowed reached to P560,000 in order to sustain the needs of our family and my brother who needs lifetime treatment because he is suffering from a mental illness. He was terminated and was accused of getting money from the company without permission. Now,they settled for an agreement that they will not terminate my father if he will be able to pay the money he get in full which is P560k or he will be subject to be in jail and will be terminated. :c

I would like to know if for my knowledge this is right; will he still be qualified to get a separation pay or a backpay because of the service he rendered for the company for 20years?

what are our options? :c we need legal advise because this is the only thing that we have.

thank you in advance. merry xmas. Sad

View user profile

2 Re: QUALIFIED theft. :c on Fri Dec 24, 2010 4:03 pm


khian, you state that your father has been getting without permission; that is a serious accusation which may lead to a criminal charge of qualified theft or estafa.

if this is true, he can be terminated from work and he will not be entitled to separation pay. worse, he may even face a criminal charge.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum