Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wife had a child by another man, and disappeared with my son..

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

itsjustme

Arresto Menor
Im a USA citizen, my wife is Filipina

We have been married 6 years, recently she got pregnant and had a child which she admitted was by another man. The other man has signed the childs birth certificate.

I have 1 biological son by my wife but she has taken him to the northern philippines and refuses to bring him to see me or give me her address.

I try to call often to speak with him or video chat, she refuses to send any photos or answer the phone 95% of the time

What are my legal rights to see my son? Or get my son and have him stay at my house shared?

She is preventing most of all communication with him which i feel is harming him. What can i do ?

View user profile

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua
It's very hard for the father to get rights concerning children, extra hard when the child is under 7-8 years old. And court take long time.

BUT an ALTERNATIVE can PERHAPS be:
The wife and the new father have made PROOF they have comited a serious crime in Philippine messure.
You know your wife's personality. If you THREATH her with that, if she don't let you see your son, how will she react?
/Agree leting you see your child rather often?
/Or hide even more?

View user profile

itsjustme

Arresto Menor
I feel she will hide even more, she threatens me via text that says " file a case i don't care, you will never see him!"

I know she lives with the father of her baby now, but its so painful that i can't see and be with my son . I don't see how the philippines can allow this

View user profile

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua
Yes. Very painful.
Do you know which baranggay they live in?
If so you can ask the Baranggay Captain there if he can try to solve it. Specialy if it's a smaller town/village where they know each other, it can add pressure to her "lose face". But as you say - then she will perhaps go elsewhere hiding more, but that would be more inconvinient for her than it is now.

View user profile

itsjustme

Arresto Menor
I don't know where they are, somewhere near Subic, i have no address what should i do to find them?

View user profile

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua
itsjustme wrote:I don't know where they are, somewhere near Subic, i have no address what should i do to find them?
Rural or in city?
Rural "all" people know normaly. It's an other question if they want to tell Smile
There are detective businesses to hire, or send a Filipino friend.

View user profile

itsjustme

Arresto Menor
What can i do legally? my son has mostly been kidnapped by my ex, what can i do? call the police? report a missing person?

View user profile

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua
itsjustme wrote:What can i do legally? my son has mostly been kidnapped by my ex, what can i do?  call the police? report a missing person?
The child is under 7, so the mother will normaly get the custody anyway, if it become a case.
That's why I suggested you do some "blackmail" Smile
(=Say you will not file case about their adultery, IF she let you see your child enough without problem.)

View user profile

itsjustme

Arresto Menor
Additional question, whats the legal status of My wifes child, she had the child by another man, but does her child carry my last name? do i have any legal right over her child thats not mine since we are still married?

View user profile

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua
itsjustme wrote:Additional question, whats the legal status of My wifes child, she had the child by another man, but does her child carry my last name? do i have any legal right over her child thats not mine since we are still married?
Normaly a child born during a marriage is counted as legit with the HUSBAND as father.
This I suppouse make you right to SEE who stand as father at the birth certificate. Such can effect support and inheritance FROM you.
But because that other child is under 7, the mother has the custody anyway normaly.
But it give you an EXTRA chance to MESS UP life for her, if she don't agree some to what you want concerning your child.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum