Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Meralco Guy wire at the center of our property.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Olivia Dumaya

Arresto Menor
Hello. 25 years ago, when our subdivision was still being developed, I gave permission to Meralco to implant the guy wire of a Meralco post inside our property for no cost  at the center of our front yard  because they convinced me that not doing so would delay installation of  the Meralco services in our area. So I gave my permission, but I didn't know what my rights are for conceeding to this. We just wanted electricity badly at that time. Now, we asked them to remove the guy wire and transfer it to the edge of our property  because we believe it poses danger to us as it may fall on our house during earthquake or strong typhoon. Also, we want to improve our house and the guy wire is currently piercing our roof. But they are asking us to pay P70,000 to do this. I believe that this is unfair because they used our property for 25 years already without any compensation. Do I have the right to demand them to transfer the their post and the guy wire at the boundary line of our property without any cost from us. Please enlighten me.

Thank you very much.

View user profile


Reclusion Perpetua
Hello.  When Meralco comes into a subdivision, they ask for the developer to execute a Right of Way document.  The installation of posts is usually planned, outside the property's setback - unless there is really little space for the post to be installed on.  I am wondering where the post is, is the post at the center of your property as well or is the guy wire so extended that the post is outside, while the guy wire is located at the center?  Just wondering how come the placement was such.  

At any rate, you DO have a right to ask them to transfer the guy wire.  However the move will incur costs - costs that will be borne by the developer (but since this was 25 years ago, the subdivision must have been turned over to the Homeowners' Assoc) or, in this case, the homeowner.  That will be you.  

Talk to the Homeowners' Association too and see how they can help.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum