Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Married in the Philippines, Divorced in US, Can I be petitioned in US

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor

I was divorced by my Filipina wife (tourist visa) in the US on 2002. Married a US citizen on the same year. They got divorced in 2007. Then she got married again in 2008.

She got her US citizenship on 2008. She and her husband adopted our children but were not able to bring them in the US.

My problem is that my live in partner will be leaving next year for US via F1 visa. She is planning to petition me (F2A). Can we get married abroad and use that marriage contract for her petition? Will the USCIS honor/accept our marriage certificate abroad or will they require me to get an NSO certified marriage certificate since I am a Filipino?

Petition to recognize foreign divorce decree in not an option since she was still a Filipino citizen when the divorce was approved. I filed an annulment but was denied.

Any comment and suggestion will be much appreciated.

Thanking you all in advance.

View user profile


Arresto Menor
Please help. Need advise. Thanks.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum