Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Changing of Surname [Birth Certificate & Passport]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Hello everyone! I hope na may makasagot sa aking tanong.

Pinanganak po ako sa Hong Kong to a Chinese father and Filipina mother. Matagal na po silang nagsasama ng parents ko in late 80's and till then I was born in 1994. The problem is that hindi pa po sila kasal nung ako'y pinanganak at naisip lang nila na magsama sila. Nung inisyu ako ng Philippine Passport, hindi po ininclude surname ng father ko dahil nga po walang patunay na marriage certificate, so ang lumabas po ay surname ng mama ko ang ginamit sa passport ko at saka nalang daw mag change kapag kasal na ang parents ko. Ni-register din po ang aking Birth Certificate in Hong Kong using the same method that is followed according to my passport (first name and last name without middle name) with my Chinese name on it (surname goes first which uses my father's surname) dahil acknowledge naman po ako as his daughter.

Since then, hindi na po inasikaso ang aking kalagayan as I grow using my mother's surname in my passport until now. And they just live like married parents. Until those years living together, my parents got married in 2004 in the Philippines Just five years ago(2010) namatay na po ang father ko.

Gusto ko lang po malaman kung possible pa po bang ma-change ang aking surname to my fathers kahit namatay na po siya. May katunayan naman po na kasal sila.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum