Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Harassment and Defamation

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Harassment and Defamation on Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:16 am

Arresto Menor
Hi good morning. I have never filed a case against anybody but this time, one of my 'detractors' actions have caused so much trouble and my reputation has been trampled on. I would like to press charges against a person who posted my picture and personal information, RE, full name, address, home phone number and cell number. She also posted that I am trying to steal her live-in in partner whom she has kids with which has absolutely no truth to it as the man in question is actually just a friend. I have been getting harassed on text with threats saying that I should be careful and I should watch my back. I get abused and insulted on text and she calls my home phone numerous times. I was advised by a friend to gather all evidences so I took screen shots of her post and saved some of the text messages. You cannot imagine how seriously this has damaged my reputation. Most of the friends she has on Facebook that have seen the posts are people I work with in the office. My family has also been getting her posts as she posts them on my brother's page. Please help me with what to do and what charges I can file against the person (grave threats and defamation libel?). I have been quiet and reasonable for far too long. We had talked on text one time, explaining my side and thought it was ok but after seeing what she had posted and the hurt she has caused my family who have lost their faith in me. I have even asked her nicely to remove the posts and post a public apology otherwise I would take legal action. After telling her that, she still continues to harass me with text messages and seems as if she does not want to settle it peacefully. I need your advice please. And approximately how much money should I prepare to pursue this case?

View user profile

2 Re: Harassment and Defamation on Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:05 pm

for the post on fb, the proper charge is libel.

for the text messages, that can be considered threats or unjust vexation.

the trick here is to prove that it was she who actually posted on facebook and sent you these messages.

[i] Visit our FB Page: BPO Employee Legal Advice
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum