Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

I want to get married but......

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 I want to get married but...... on Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:45 am

Redgie

Arresto Menor
Hello

I need your advise about my current situation. I am a US citizen, married still but has filed a divorce here in America. The divorce is in process now and may take a year or so to get it done. I have a fiancée in the Philippines that I would like to marry now. Is it permissible in the Philippine law to get married to another married citizen in a foreign country, who has a divorce file in process? I appreciate any guidance you can provide to enlighten my mind. Looking forward to hear from you.

Regards,

Sent from my iPhone

View user profile

2 Re: I want to get married but...... on Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:00 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua
" Is it permissible in the Philippine law to get married to another married citizen in a foreign country, who has a divorce file in process?"
Why would it be allowed??? It isn't allowed in USA or Europe and laws are HARDER concerning such in the Philippines Smile
((PERHAPS there is an exception IF both are muslims, because there are some OTHER exceptions for muslims in the Philippines, but you didn't say anything about that. so I guess you are not.))

View user profile

3 Re: I want to get married but...... on Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:31 am

betchay001

Prision Mayor
As you said, your divorce isn't final, hence you are still very much married. Marry only when the divorce is final.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum