Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

arranged marriage

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 arranged marriage on Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:26 pm

katch

Arresto Menor

I need your advice/s.
In a few weeks, I will be marrying my fiance(?).
The problem is, I have been calling off the marriage for more than a year now but the guy does not want want cancel and made drastic measures to 'secure' my fate.

He is in constant communication with my family and has been sending money directly to them as 'funds for the ceremony'.i stopped speaking with him for months now so my family is arranging everything. Everyone knows I do not want to marry, but my own family is threatening to shame me at the workplace and worse, kill me if try to run. Unfortunately, they have all the connections they need to find me. I want to file for a protection order but based from what I have researched, it can be filed only against a person you previously had or currently having a relationship with. Is there any way I can protect myself from my family? They took away my passport and I am pretty sure my money/cards will be confiscated soon. I am scared of involving the brgy and the police. I wanted to go to a lawyer but I know they are watching and I may not have enough money for the fees. Please advise

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum