Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help on Murder Case

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Help on Murder Case on Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:15 am


Arresto Menor
This is a case of my Friend's father. He was accused of Murder last 1987 and was found not guilty. Just this week he was summoned to court and was read a guilty sentenced and now is in jail. They were not aware of any appeal made. He was just summoned , read a guilty sentence of ( life sentence) handcuffed and put to jail directly.
Is this possible?
My question is it has been more than 20 years can they just change the court's decision like that?
There has been no appeal that they have been made aware of so why was he put in jail right away and why the change of verdict.
Please advise,this will really help a lot.


View user profile

2 Re: Help on Murder Case on Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:16 pm


Reclusion Perpetua

If a person is acquitted (found not guilty) by the court, he cannot be charged for the same crime again because that will amount to double jeopardy. However, there are exceptional cases where the ruling of the court (acquitting the accused) may be set aside.

It is difficult to explain the situation to you, unless I read the Court Decision.

You can email me directly on if you want to have a deeper understanding and you have to email the documents you are referring to.

Best regards,

Atty. Katrina

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum