I was hoping someone could enlighten me on the following case of a relative (defendant). Here is the summary of the facts:
- She was charged with BP 22 (Bouncing Checks)
- The case is not yet finished but her house (collateral for a loan agreement between plaintiff and defendant) was already seized by the sheriff sometime between 2002-2004
- The occupants already vacated the premises
- The house and lot was already converted into a boarding house by the plaintiff (a corporation)
My relative is still receiving letters from the court for her cross examination until today.
I don't know what else the plaintiff wants as they already have the property.
1. Was the seizure of the property still not enough payment?
2. If the worth of the property is not sufficient to cover the cost of the loan, can my relative be imprisoned?
Thank you very much for your help. Hoping for an accurate and speedy reply from anyone =)