Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Buying Property on a "blanket deed of sale"

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Buying Property on a "blanket deed of sale" on Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:20 pm


Arresto Menor
I apologize for the subject I dont know how to put it exactly:

Here is the scenario:

1) my grand father and his brother owns an empty lot property they inherited from their parents.
2) my grand father and his brother as well as their respective spouses are all dead.The propery owner now of coarse is there respective children.
3) the children of both sides did not decide yet how to divide the property. My uncles and aunts in the side of my grand father's brother dont show interest on the property as of now because they reside outside the country.

Now Im interested to buy the share of my aunts and uncles in my grand fathers brother side. Since its not decided yet how they are going to divide the property is it possible to have a deed of sale indicating they are selling whatever interest they have on the lot without specifying the specific attributes of their share like lot position and size of the lot within the bigger lot? Is there a legal sale of contract like that? Sort of a blanket deed of sale?

Thank you very much in advance!

View user profile


Reclusion Perpetua
Yes, it's possible. Since the property is undivided, the specific portion/location of their share cannot be identified. Ask a reputable lawyer to prepare the document to ensure that the same is prepared correctly. But, ask your aunts and uncles first if they are willing to sell their shares to you. They must all sign the document and must be here in the Philippines for notarization. If they are residing abroad, they can execute a Special Power of Attorney (SPA) in their respective countries of residence and have the SPA authenticated at the Philippine Embassy. They must name their representative (i n the Philippines) who will sign the document on their behalf.


Atty. Katrina

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum