Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Am I the only one accountable?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Am I the only one accountable? on Fri Jan 01, 2016 7:26 pm

Arresto Menor
Good evening po. I am Stephen from Bacolod and I need legal advice. I am an External Vice President for a National Organization. What happened was I conducted a National Convention as per approval of the National Council. We students are under the Mother Organization. All the preparations was done by the Bacolod Officer and that include me and the Over-all Chair who happened to be a teacher. Our school has the most number of delegates and the registration fee of 650 from the students was used to pay partially pay for everything(venue rental, sounds, food, convention kit, etc). I admit that i was not able to meet the target delegates. The expenses is big but the number of participants decreased also. We have suppliers for convention kits and food/ catering and they were not fully paid. What happened is the National Council collected the remaining registration and did not leave anything to pay for the suppliers. The total account is 432 thousand and as a student I am not capable of paying it. The Mother organization or the National Council seems to have no intention to help me. The suppliers will file a case against me. I am a graduating students and I still have a future. Please advise me what to do knowing that they collected more than 260 thousand pesos cash during the event. Yung nangyari po wala naman silang naitulong sa preparation instead dumating sila a day before the convention, umupo sa registration table and nag collect. Though the amount is not enough to cover the liability but that would appease the suppliers... Please po tulungan nu ako... Salamat po.Sad

View user profile

2 Re: Am I the only one accountable? on Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:18 pm

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua
The organization itself as an entity is responsible, you are merely a representative of that organization. Liability po yan ng organization not yours.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum