Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Advise for speed Annulment

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Advise for speed Annulment on Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:05 am

Arresto Menor

Hi! Good day! Kinasal po kami ng asawa ko sa philippine embassy abu dhabi uae noong Sep. 27, 2007 dahil po sa di pagkakasundo naghiwalay na po kami pagkatapos namin magpakasal, nagkaanak po ako sa bf ko noon 2009 after that nagfile po sya ng annulment, andito na po ako sa US at me 2 na akong anak sa bf kong nasa pinas. Gusto ko po sanang malaman kung anong mabuting gawin since na matagal na kaming hiwalay at gusto ko po sanang magpakasal dito sa US nabasa ko po sa net:

If you’re separated from your spouse for 4 years, is that a sufficient ground for annulment?

No. De facto separation is not a ground for annulment. It doesn’t matter if the spouses lived apart or did not see each other for 2, 10, 20 or more years. However, the absence of 2 or 4 years, depending on the circumstances, may be enough to ask the court for a declaration of presumptive death of the “absent spouse”, in which case the petitioner may re-marry again.

Please advise me po.

View user profile

2 Re: Advise for speed Annulment on Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:16 am

Reclusion Perpetua
(Wasn't this answered in an other topic recently?? Smile

((If there aren't any special deal between USA and the Philippines)) you can divorce in USA and remarry there.
BUT that would NOT be valid in Phils, so in Phils point of view you will make a CRIME, so you risk to be be caught if you ever go to Phils...

To make it legal in Phils, you need BEFORE remarrying to
A. get the old marriage annuled
B. or get a court to count the old spouse as dead because of long time "absend spouse" as it's said in your post. (I don't know how many years is minimum to be possible in Phils.)

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum