I'm trying to puchase a small parcel of land with the following condition:
- the original owner is already deceased (no wife or child or will)
- he has siblings which I suppose is already the owner of the land. However title is not yet transferred to them.
- I am currently transacting/discussing with the niece of the deceased owner's who is claiming that she has a SPA from the siblings
Here are my questions:
- Prior to giving any amount to the niece, i will confirm that she has the SPA. Should the SPA be signed by the siblings? Or would a signature of one of them suffice? Also should the SPA be notorized.
- What document should I get from the niece if i gave her the initial downpayment (earnest money)? Should I require her to give me a contract to sell? Or is there any document that would suffice my claim in the future? Should the document also contain any provision that at the time of full payment I should have received the deed of absolute sale?
- what are the other documents that I should ask her a) when i make the downpament and b) full payment.
Sorry for the long list of questions. I already did some research but I'm still not confident with the info i have obtained.
Thank you and hoping for your prompt response. More power!!