Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Deadly weapons?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Deadly weapons? on Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:36 pm

Taki

Arresto Menor
Due to increasing Traffic related violence, my cousin wants to protect , himself. He is planning to maybe carry a baseball bat, arnis, brass knuckles or an iron pipe in his car's trunk.. But is quite worried to be charged with carrying deadly weapons during police checkpoints.

Are the above weapons considered deadly and against the law?

Thanks

View user profile

2 Re: Deadly weapons? on Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:14 pm

attyLLL

pd no. 09

2. It is unlawful to possess deadly weapons, including hand-grenades, rifle grenades and other explosives, including, but not limited to, "pill box bombs," "molotov cocktail bombs," "fire bombs," or other incendiary device consisting of any chemical, chemical compound, or detonating agents containing combustible units or other ingredients in such proportion, quantity, packing, or bottling that ignites by fire, by friction, by concussion, by percussion, or by detonation of all or part of the compound or mixture which may cause such a sudden generation of highly heated gases that the resultant gaseous pressures are capable of producing destructive effects on contiguous objects or of causing injury or death of a person; and any person convicted thereof shall be punished by imprisonment ranging from ten to fifteen years as a Military Court/Tribunal/Commission may direct.

3. It is unlawful to carry outside of residence any bladed, pointed or blunt weapon such as "fanknife," "spear," "dagger," "bolo," "balisong," "barong," "kris," or club, except where such articles are being used as necessary tools or implements to earn a livelihood and while being sued in connection therewith; and any person found guilty thereof shall suffer the penalty of imprisonment ranging from five to ten years as a Military Court/Tribunal/Commission may direct.

while i don't think any law enforcement officer will arrest him for having kamong arnis clubs, if he wants less risky items, he should think of common items which can be rightfully brought. such as a tennis racket, tire iron, pvc pipe, etc.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum