Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Incorrect first name on marriage certificate

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Incorrect first name on marriage certificate on Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:36 am

freddieb

Arresto Menor
I am a foreigner living in Philippines with my Filipino girlfriend. She is married but not living with her husband for 3 years.

She says that she has had legal advice that because her first name on her marriage certificate is not the same as her first name on her birth certificate her marriage can be declared null and void.

Please advise regarding this.

View user profile

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua
Hi,

The discrepancy between the name of your girlfriend in her marriage certificate and the name in her birth certificate is not a ground to have her marriage declared null and void.

There are only specific grounds for having a marriage declared null and void or annulment.

Regards,

Atty. Katrina

View user profile http://www.kgmlegal.ph

freddieb

Arresto Menor
Katrina288 wrote:Hi,

The discrepancy between the name of your girlfriend in her marriage certificate and the name in her birth certificate is not a ground to have her marriage declared null and void.

There are only specific grounds for having a marriage declared null and void or annulment.

Regards,

Atty. Katrina

Thank you for the reply. It is the answer I expected after I read the grounds for marriage to be declared null and void.

View user profile

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua
You're welcome.

View user profile http://www.kgmlegal.ph

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum