Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password




You are not connected. Please login or register

Case for adultery

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Case for adultery on Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:48 am

freddieb


Arresto Menor
I am a foreigner living with my Filipino girlfriend who has been living apart from her husband for 3 years. I am supporting her and her 3 children. Her husband has made no contribution to their support since her left the home. They are not legally separated.

I have concerns that he could bring a case of adultery against us, which would either put us in jail or have me deported and banned from entering the Philippines again.

My gf says that she has lived with others since her husband left and he has taken no action, but they were only temporary for one month duration and all left the Philippines and went back to their own countries and didn't give him time to take action. I intend to be here permanently.

I have asked her to request her husband to condone our relationship, as I understand that will remove the threat of action against us. She says we don't need to worry and he will take no action.

Are my fears justified?

View user profile

2 Re: Case for adultery on Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:42 pm

Filia


Reclusion Perpetua
Yes. If time comes that the husband would want to extort money from u, he might want to file adultery case against you. There can never be an agreement between you and the husband that the husband would not file a case against u. That is not valid.

Better tell ur gf to start filing for annulment of their marriage.

View user profile

3 Re: Case for adultery on Tue Jan 19, 2016 9:57 am

technified_ex


Prision Correccional
"Better tell ur gf to start filing for annulment of their marriage."

Agree with FIlia, so that you wont have any problems in the future. You may need a very good lawyer for this, since annulment of marriages is very tedious and very hard to prove here in the philippines.

View user profile

4 Re: Case for adultery on Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:31 pm

freddieb


Arresto Menor
Filia wrote:Yes. If time comes that the husband would want to extort money from u, he might want to file adultery case against you. There can never be an agreement between you and the husband that the husband would not file a case against u. That is not valid.

Better tell ur gf to start filing for annulment of their marriage.

Thank you. I understand annulment is very expensive and lengthy.

View user profile

5 Re: Case for adultery on Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:48 pm

concepab


Reclusion Perpetua
freddieb wrote:
Filia wrote:Yes. If time comes that the husband would want to extort money from u, he might want to file adultery case against you. There can never be an agreement between you and the husband that the husband would not file a case against u. That is not valid.

Better tell ur gf to start filing for annulment of their marriage.

Thank you. I understand annulment is very expensive and lengthy.

What is the assurance of your girlfriend will not file a case?

View user profile

6 Re: Case for adultery on Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:52 pm

freddieb


Arresto Menor
concepab wrote:
freddieb wrote:
Filia wrote:Yes. If time comes that the husband would want to extort money from u, he might want to file adultery case against you. There can never be an agreement between you and the husband that the husband would not file a case against u. That is not valid.

Better tell ur gf to start filing for annulment of their marriage.

Thank you. I understand annulment is very expensive and lengthy.

What is the assurance of your girlfriend will not file a case?

My girlfriend assures me that her husband will not file a case, but I feel insecure firstly that adultery is a criminal offense in Philippines(not known to me until I discovered the fact online) and also that when he knows she is living with a foreigner he will assume that he can extort money from me in exchange for not filing a case, but even then it is only his word that he will not file a case.

View user profile

7 Re: Case for adultery Today at 9:59 am

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum