Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to remove paternal surname

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 How to remove paternal surname on Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:07 pm


Arresto Menor
My son is 10 years old now. On his birth certificate his lastname was registered under his father. When my son was 2 years old his father and I separated we were not married to begin with at nananakit siya pati ang bata when he was 2years old nasasaktan niya. Yung nag Hiwalay kami both my son and I lived under my parents roof at simula noon hanggang ngayon wala kaming kunuha o natanggap na supporta sa father niya. Now I have a husband, and we're living peacefully together with my 10 year old son. Going 11 this may. My question is, is there a way para maging lastname din Nya ang asawa ko para iisang lastname nalang kaming family? And how to process the change of surname or adoption? I need help badly

View user profile

2 Re: How to remove paternal surname on Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:24 pm


Reclusion Perpetua

Based on the information you have provided, the best solution is to for you and your husband to jointly adopt your son. By adoption, your son will have the same rights as a legitimate child of you and your husband. However, since the father of your son has acknowledged him by signing in his birth certificate, the father must give consent to the adoption, unless you can prove that the father has completely abandoned the child.


Atty. Katrina

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum