Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Re: case of bigamy

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Re: case of bigamy on Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:44 am

TaergD

Arresto Menor
Hi Sir/madarm,

I was charged of bigamy by my first wife when she learned about my second marriage after our separation. After the court proceeding, my second wife was acquited. I would like to ask if there is a possibility that the case can be dismiss if my first wife decided to withdraw her case of bigamy against me and my second marriage was already declared by the court as nulled and void.

Thanks

View user profile

2 Re: Re: case of bigamy on Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:36 pm

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua
Hi,

The court declaration that your second marriage is null and void will not result in the dismissal of the bigamy case. Depending on what stage the case is at, the withdrawal of your first wife from the case may or may not result in the dismissal of the case against you. For more information, discuss this matter with your lawyer.

Regards,

Atty. Katrina

View user profile http://www.kgmlegal.ph

3 Re: Re: case of bigamy on Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:11 pm

TaergD

Arresto Menor
Thanks for the info Atty Katrina.

But one thing I'd liked to clarify, I'm kind of confuse. how come the case will still be active nor will not bedismiss if the petitioner will submit her intention or affidavit withdrawing her case filed?

Thanks

View user profile

4 Re: Re: case of bigamy on Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:42 pm

Katrina288

Reclusion Perpetua
The case will not be dismissed if submitted na lahat ng evidence (documentary and/or testimonies of the witnesses) sa court and there is nothing left to be presented, pwede pa rin tumuloy yun kahit magdesist ang wife mo.

Please consult with your lawyer.

View user profile http://www.kgmlegal.ph

5 Re: Re: case of bigamy Today at 2:53 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum