Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Legal help // Marriage

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Legal help // Marriage on Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:08 pm


Arresto Menor
I have been married for almost ten years.
Recently, my husband ex GF came forward and told us that they were
secretly married years ago before we got married. Marriage in front of
a judge with no witness that personally knows them. Judge also advised
that if they do not process necessary docs within 6 months, the said
marriage will not be filed, hence no longer valid. Was this kind of
marriage even legal???

Now, ex GF planning to get married. Went to NSO for CENOMAR.
However, instead of CENOMAR, NSO furnished her marriage certificate
of the supposed secret marriage. Which happened before our marriage.
So now, they are saying that our marriage is now deemed null and void
due to this irregularity.

What can we do? This secret marriage between my husband and ex GF
was a spur of the moment, very stupid act on their part.

Please help and advise what course of action can we follow?

Thank you.

View user profile

2 Re: Legal help // Marriage on Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:39 am


Reclusion Perpetua
Your husband needs to file a petition for declaration of nullity of marriage or annulment depending on the absent requisites or any defects thereof. Since, there is a record of that marriage at the NSO, it is presumed valid. Only a court decision can nullify or annul a marriage even despite its being void from the very beginning.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum