Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Meralco Jumper... need advise.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Meralco Jumper... need advise. on Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:41 pm

Arresto Menor
Good day Atty,

Recently, we've encountered a problem with Meralco company who found and illegal electrical connection near our electric meter line. It was traced by the Meralco going to our adjacent neighbors house. This involves 4 family (My 2 nephews and my neighbors 2 tenant) who uses this illegal electrical connection.

A brief overview of our house, it is composed of 3 family living separately which is my 2 nephews and my own family. We have been sharing 1 Meralco meter for years then until my 2 nephews are not anymore capable of paying their share of the bill, so I cut their line because I my self cannot pay anymore the monthly billing which included them both. So of course they couldn't live without any electricity they acquire service from our neighbor who is using this illegal electrical connection. Even though after my advise that they cannot do this kind of act cause they will eventually put our legal electric meter under my mothers name at risk when Meralco finds out where eventually they did. I could not directly report this matter to  Meralco company because of the risk that may involve our meter and my nephews also promised that they are just saving money to apply for a new meter line.

The issue now is we are being billed P43,000 payable in 1 year by the electric company for the jumper found under our house and going through our neighbors house. We have set meetings with the assistance of the Barangay to the landlord for their tenants involvement in this matter. We requested that the landlord that she should shoulder the half of the total billing because 2 of their tenants had been found by the Meralco to be involved with the illegal activity. The landlord refuses to pay their share of the penalty and will only provide P5,000 assistance which we have not yet received.

Please take note the the found illegal electrical wire had been found to pass through our house right of way and also the right of way of our neighbors house.

Please also note the the said landlord did not provide any legal electric meter to their tenant and had an existing balance from their meter which is still unpaid so Meralco pulled out their meter. The landlord also did not have any legal permits from the Barangay to have their place be for rent.

I am planning to file a civil case for the landlord to force her to settle her part of the penalty including damages or what is the best plan of action against her.

Again, thank you for your time and kind advice! more power!

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum