Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Car Impounded Need Help!

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Car Impounded Need Help! on Thu Jan 28, 2016 2:24 am

tbb

Arresto Menor
HPG had sort of an operation within the area where my father was parked. Then they noticed that his car's license plate looked odd. They said that the plate is fake and they'd have to impound the car and investigate. They said the one who processed it may have not waited for the original plate just so he could give him a plate. My father contacted an LTO personnel and figured the plate checks out but can't do anything so HPG took the car and they went to the impound lot filed a blotter and all. There was only one in uniform and everyone had casual attire, this was a Saturday. The officer on the station told my father that he can take all his stuff, but the apprehending officers said no need, the desk officer insisted (he was from the same province as my father so he was really trying to help). When the desk officer said to create a blotter, the apprehending officers said there's no need, but he again insisted and that really felt weird that they would not want it documented.

Now HPG claims upon checking the records, the car is still encumbered with Union bank, my father's CR did not indicate that. The car has no HPG or LTO alerts. My father acquired this from a person who does buy and sell and processed all the paper works for him. The person is dead, so he cannot be contacted anymore for clarification. My father presented the documents such as the Mitsubishi sales invoice from the original owner, deed of sale and the ID of the original owner. HPG is claiming that they "apparently" have checked the address of the original owner and she does not live there anymore. HPG is now claiming that my father have falsified documents to acquire the car when in fact he could have been a victim (of the buy and seller) or this may be an illegal activity being done by HPG. They were even telling him ignorance of the law is not an excuse trying to scare him, when clearly this is not an ignorance of the law case. There is no writ from the bank to reposes the car. HPG said they will just declare it as abandoned, and clearly it's not abandoned because he's claiming for it. So I'm not sure what they are doing is some sort of carnapping modus operandi from the inside or what. We can't chase down the seller anymore for clarification so there's really no way for us to know if what they are claiming is true. What next steps should we take or what legal actions can we take?

Thank you in advance!

View user profile

2 Re: Car Impounded Need Help! on Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:45 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua
Yes, I asume it's a scam by some of HPG.
Sorry I don't know what to do in such situations, so I hope someone else can tell that.
(Perhaps he can ask the KIND police, when he go home, somewhere where no other police or neighbour see they talk.)

View user profile

3 Re: Car Impounded Need Help! on Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:12 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua
This is a Crime, not a Business matter, so perhaps you get better answer than mine if you put it in that section.

View user profile

4 Re: Car Impounded Need Help! Today at 3:50 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum