Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

TREASURE HUNTING LAW

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 TREASURE HUNTING LAW on Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:24 am

burgundy20

Arresto Menor
Hello Atty. Good day to all

we have a private owned lot with land tittle and is suspected to have treasure under our property ,will there be any legal issue if we have it dug up? since according to rep. act 386 article 438 "hidden treasure belongs to the owner of the land, building , or other property on which it is found"

Hoping to seek for your legal advice.

Thank you.

View user profile

2 Re: TREASURE HUNTING LAW on Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:46 am

burgundy20

Arresto Menor
P.S we live in a barangay but we have a tittle for the land, i don't know if GOv. still has overall claim, i would like to seek advice for this matter too, thanks

View user profile

3 Re: TREASURE HUNTING LAW on Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:16 pm

burgundy20

Arresto Menor
hello

View user profile

4 Re: TREASURE HUNTING LAW on Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:16 pm

burgundy20

Arresto Menor
anybody home

View user profile

5 Re: TREASURE HUNTING LAW on Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:21 pm

burgundy20

Arresto Menor
help anyone?

View user profile

6 Re: TREASURE HUNTING LAW on Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:24 pm

burgundy20

Arresto Menor
anyone?

View user profile

7 Re: TREASURE HUNTING LAW on Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:46 am

thepoetsedge

Reclusion Perpetua
HIDDEN TREASURE - the general rule here, as you have cited in the New Civil Code, is that the owner of the land has the rights over any discovered treasure on their lot.

He who by chance discovers hidden treasure in another’s property: ½ shall be allowed to the finder.

If the finder is a trespasser, he shall not be entitled to any share of the treasure.

If the things found be of interest to science or the arts, the State may acquire them at their just price, which shall be divided in conformity with the rule stated.

Good luck in your treasure hunting!

View user profile

8 Re: TREASURE HUNTING LAW on Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:15 am

burgundy20

Arresto Menor
thank you very much Atty. you are a life saver, if ever we find something here i will be sure to give you a gift Laughing

View user profile

9 Re: TREASURE HUNTING LAW on Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:30 am

thepoetsedge

Reclusion Perpetua
Thank you for the thoughtful consideration, Sir Burgundy20! It is much appreciated, but it is not necessary since I am still not a lawyer yet (law student still) and I do this mainly because I want to help inasmuch as I can to everyone here.

Anyway, may you be favored by great fortune in your quest to find hidden treasure in your lot! Very Happy

View user profile

10 Re: TREASURE HUNTING LAW Today at 4:17 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum