Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

changing of sons surname

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 changing of sons surname on Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:19 am


Arresto Menor
Hi,Atty. I had a son 5yrs.old and his last name was under my ex boyfriend..were not married..Now I already married and were planning for adoption after that I can bring my son in abroad..My question is..Do I need a consent of his father? We havent contacted each other for 3 years.How long the process of adoption? Because my husband can only have vacation in Phils for 1 or 2 months..and probably how much would it cost? Thank you so much

View user profile

2 Re: changing of sons surname on Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:56 pm


Reclusion Perpetua

Since your son is acknowledged by the father, you will need his written consent to the adoption, unless you can prove in court that he had completely abandoned your child. The best way to do it is to communicate with the father and inform him about your adoption plan.

Under the rules, domestic adoption takes 9 months, but considering the number of cases being handled by the courts, it may be a bit longer.

As for the costs, you may email me on


Atty. Katrina

View user profile

3 Re: changing of sons surname on Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:36 pm


Arresto Menor
Hi atty. Thank you, In what way I can prove the court that hes completely abondoned my sons? For example I need to make some letter or ask some witnesses to prove that. Thank you

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum