Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

changing parents information sa birth certificate.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
just a little background on my case.

1. my wife was married sa first partner nya.
2. kahit hindi pa annulled yung partner ko sa una nyang husband.
  dati we tried to get married via pastor.
  na nagpa-loko kami sa isang pastor na mairirihistro nya raw kami sa NSO.

so my questions are.

1.Gusto namin ipabago yung parents information on birthcertifcate ng bunso namin.
nakalagay kasi dun ay married and yung partner ko ay gamit yung last name ko.what are the process

2. ano legal implications nito sa amin? maddemanda rin ba kami? ( pero yung first husband ay hindi na maghahabol legally since , he wants an anullment also )

View user profile


Reclusion Perpetua

Since you got married to a woman who is already married, your marriage is null and void. Under the law, when a child is born during the subsistence of marriage, the child is presumed a legitimate child of the spouses. If you want to have the birth certificate corrected, most likely, the father's name will be amended to the name of the husband.

It is only the husband of your partner who can file a case for bigamy. Considering that the husband is not interested in doing do because he also wants to have their marriage annulled, then no one will file a complaint against you and your partner.


Atty. Katrina

View user profile


Arresto Menor
Hi Atty,

Thank you for your reply. earlier this morning galing ako sa munisipyo, to change the information on my kid birth certifcate and they informed me na iffile pa raw yung court hearing. Ang labo lang mismo yung tao sa munisipyo hindi alam ang process, if need ko ba ng lawyer and etc...

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum