Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Child custody

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Child custody on Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:05 am

My husband left with our 2 sons ( aged 8 and 10 ) in June 2015. I tried all means to locate them. In January 2016, his brother informed me via a message on FB that my husband and 8 year old son got involved in a vehicular accident. I flew to Dumaguete and took care of my husband in the hospital. After two weeks, he was discharged and I convinced him to return to Manila with me and our boys. I was shocked when he told me that he does not want to go back to our home anymore. Even my two boys decided not to return home in Manila and just want to be with their father. My husband had been unemployed eversince we started our family. Now he is partially blind due to the accident. When he took my two boys away, they were forced to discontinue school. I am a full time employee and I have been the one who supports the needs, including education, of our 4 kids ( we have two daughters also.) My husband also had tried to commit suicide by drinking pesticide, as told to me by his family. I am in a huge fear that the vehicular accident may have been something that he did intentionally. I am worried that he will try to harm himself and the boys again.
Please help me on what to do so I can get my two boys and bring them home to me. I just want the kids to live a normal life again, of being in school and enjoying their childhood along with their sisters. I will be waiting for your response. Please help me. May the Lord God bless you!

View user profile

2 Re: Child custody on Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:02 am

marlo

Reclusion Perpetua

Were you married to father of the kids? Have you spoken to parents of your husband about the safety of the kids ? What about DSWD ? They can give you leads on this concern.

I think if you can prove in court thru witness that your husband has the capacity and could interfere with the welfare, safety and well being of kids under the father's custody andcare, then the court might find decide and give you full custody of the father over the kids.

View user profile

3 Re: Child custody on Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:45 am

Yes, I am married to the father. My inlaws wanted my kids to be with my husband and they said they can help with the schooling. I dont want any help except to have my kids back.
DSWD in Dumaguete lacks the skills needed to engage in family and marital affairs. I was able to speak to them at the police station but they obviously do not know what to do.

View user profile

4 Re: Child custody on Sat Feb 20, 2016 4:49 pm

marlo

Reclusion Perpetua

I could not say better too since you are not legally separated or annulled to your husband.

As spouses, both have rights to custody and care of the kids unless there are compelling reasons and/or serious grave threats that the lives of the kids is at risk. If there are, and if it is your intent to have full custody, you should gather strong witness and evidence to prove that in court to gain full custody.

An annulment could be an option to you which could govern custody as well.

Seek an attorney for legal advise.

View user profile

5 Re: Child custody on Sun Feb 21, 2016 10:38 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua
marlo wrote:
I could not say better too since you are not legally separated or annulled to your husband.

As spouses, both have rights to custody and care of the kids unless there are compelling reasons and/or serious grave threats that the lives of the kids is at risk. If there are, and if it is your intent to have full custody, you should gather strong witness and evidence to prove that in court to gain full custody.

An annulment could be an option to you which could govern custody as well.

Seek an attorney for legal advise.
Yes or separate.

"My husband left with our 2 sons ( aged 8 and 10 ) in June 2015."
Without telling you?
Perhaps that can be in your faviour too to get custody.

View user profile

6 Re: Child custody Today at 12:31 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum