Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

long lost legal wife

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 long lost legal wife on Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:17 pm

Taki

Arresto Menor
My brother died in 2008.

He was married in 1979 but broke-up with his wife just after about a year...they dont have children.

His marriage was never annulled.

Since his legal wife left.. we have not heard anything from her.

He had a common law wife since 1982 and had 3 children( illegitimate).

Not we are in the process of fixing our estate tax/inheritance. my question is, how do we look for his legal wife, who legally also have a right to the estate left by my brother?

or can we just exclude her legal wife since we dont know where she is anyway?

thanks a lot.

View user profile

2 Re: long lost legal wife on Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:24 pm

attyLLL

one of the avenues for looking for missing persons is through social networks (yes, facebook). it's strange how sometimes this has been the most successful way of looking for someone. even law enforcement agencies rely on it.

technically, the wife owns half of all his properties. best to look for her if she is still alive. i could never recommend that you exclude her from the settlement because that would involve some form of falsification. if she's dead, then produce the death certificate. if not, have her declared presumed dead.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum