Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

child visitation rights

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 child visitation rights on Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:44 am

pakerjof

Arresto Menor
gud day! i need help on what to do.

my GF and i had a wedding ceremony, with a judge and so forth, and we signed a paper. but my wife to be didnt not register it. we got separated,i have a new GF, thus i went to NSO, and got a CENOMA, and shows im not married to her. but the problem is my EX-GF doesnt want me to bring out my kid on my own, kailangan po kasama sya. there are times as well when we dont agree on something, she tells me that i couldnt see my kid anymore. btw birth certficate wise im shown as the father and my kid uses my last name, he is 4 years old turning 5 this jan 14th. i support my child by giving evry 15th and end of the month, php 1500 and 2000 correspondingly. and aswell pay for some other expenses, i visit him every saturday and take him out to lunch dinner and so forth, but thats including my ex, and sometimes i cant take him out because she doesnt want me to or she's not allowing it because we didnt agree on something. and so im tired of this situation, i want to be with my son unconditionally without my ex tagging along and as well have visitation rights. my ex-GF havent had any job since she gave birth to our son. but i dont have proof that i give money for support for my son. no receipts or anything, i just give the money cash to my ex. can u guys help me. what are the actions i can do. where and who can i contact? thanks so much for any info.

View user profile

2 Re: child visitation rights on Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:33 pm

attyLLL

non-registration of the marriage contract at the civil registrar and nso doesn't mean you are not married. failure to register does not invalidate the marriage. you run the risk of facing bigamy charges if you get married again or concubinage if you live in with your gf.

try to negotiate a visitation and custody agreement, but don't use support to force her into one. if that doesn't work, you can file a complaint at the bgy to try to reach an agreement. otherwise you'll have to file a petition for enforcement of custody and visitation rights.

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 child visitation rights on Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:26 pm

pakerjof

Arresto Menor
thank you for the reply. how will i know or find out if im really married. coz i dont know who has the marriage contract or if it still exist. ano po ang silbi ng CENOMAR, na nagsasabi na certified na hindi ako married, kng ang marriage contract din lng ang valid? what are my rights to my child?

how does filling a petition for enforcement of custody and visitation rights work? and how do i do it?

Last edited by pakerjof on Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addition of question)

View user profile

4 Re: child visitation rights on Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:15 pm

attyLLL

what is stated on the child's birth certificate, that you are the father and the parents are married?

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

5 Re: child visitation rights on Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:03 pm

pakerjof

Arresto Menor
i had to recognize my child as my own when he was born. as they didnt declare that we we're married. as the reason why they didnt register the marriage was, so that it wont affect my ex's petition for U.S.

View user profile

6 Re: child visitation rights on Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:05 pm

attyLLL

ok going back to your original concern, the remedy is to negotiate proper visitation schedule and agreement on support. if she does not agree, then you will have to file a petition in court.

regarding your marriage, it will be at your own risk if you disregard your previous marriage, but if no one is interested in filing a complaint against you, then there shouldn't be any problem.

View user profile

7 Re: child visitation rights on Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:33 pm

pakerjof

Arresto Menor
thanks for the reply,,

i wanted to know how can i be sure if im married or not, so i would know whats my stand with my current girlfriend, if we could get married with no complications and so forth. and having nothing to worry about.

View user profile

8 Re: child visitation rights on Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:00 pm

attyLLL

my opinion is that you are married. you must weigh the risk of someone filing bigamy charges against you in the future if they are able to lay hold of your marriage certificate.

View user profile

9 Re: child visitation rights on Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:50 pm

numbsoul

Arresto Menor
I have of the same problem but the difference is we did not get married...

I can't get her for a custody agreement because she's nowhere to be found and the case is she doesn't want me to see my child...

The child is under my name and is recognized in his birth certificate...

Do I have a right to file a petition for enforcement of custody and visitation rights. Where and how can I get one. How much would it cost for an attorney's fee?

TIA

View user profile

10 Re: child visitation rights on Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:43 pm

attyLLL

xxx

Last edited by attyLLL on Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

View user profile

11 Re: child visitation rights on Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:46 pm

numbsoul

Arresto Menor
thanks attyLLL... was it "*in family court"? or "*if family court"?

View user profile

12 Re: child visitation rights on Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:57 pm

attyLLL

in, thanks for pointing that out.

View user profile

13 Re: child visitation rights on Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:44 pm

numbsoul

Arresto Menor
ay sir... what do you mean by abandonment by mother?

ang problem kasi itinago sa akin ang anak ko...

View user profile

14 Re: child visitation rights on Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:51 pm

attyLLL

numb, sorry, i misread your original message. i thought you meant the child was with you. your first challenge is to find them. after which you can try to enforce your visitation rights.

View user profile

15 Re: child visitation rights Today at 11:33 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum