Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Atty na ng neglect ng Annulment Case

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Atty na ng neglect ng Annulment Case on Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:20 am


Arresto Menor
Good evening po ask ko lang po kung anu magandang step na mapa mabilis ang annulment case ko na umaabot na ng 6-7 years.
fully paid ko na po ang atty fees from the start na kunin ko ang service nya. sa taguig po kami kinasal kaso sa kagustuhan kong matapos agad ang annulment ko me ngsabi saken sa cotaboto ko i file ang kaso in short sa cotabato na file ang lahat at tiga duon din ang atty. However, mula nuon ang pangako na 2 months eh naging 6-7 years na despite of enormous follow up and need ko na talaga, at that time kasi wala pa naman ako aasawahin na bago and now me new baby na ako at gusto ko na ilagay sa tama ang lahat ang kaso tingin ko pinabayaan na ng atty ang kaso puro pangako na lang lagi at now sabi nya i-convert ako sa muslim without my knowledge, kc ex wife ko now marriage na daw sa isang muslim with 2 kids na rin no issue po na mag settle na kami wala rin pag hahatian ng property 16 years na po kami hiwalay. pwede kb idemanda ang atty? at pwede po ba ako mag asawa ulit sa pamamagitan ng muslim divorce? please advice salamat po

View user profile

2 Re: Atty na ng neglect ng Annulment Case on Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:45 am


Arresto Menor
Good day Sir,

Alam poh natin na matagal talaga ang process ng annulment pero hindi naman ganyan katagal ang process sa case mo.

I assumed Muslim ang lawyer pero dapat dito na file ang annulment not in Cotabato. If sa Shariah Court poh, tama sa Cotabato or other regions na may Shariah Court pero annulment case is not Jurisdiction of Shariah Court at not covered by PD1083.

Hindi tama ang i-convert ka sa muslim without your knowledge because you have to register your conversion. Conversion to Islam is individual choice, hindi para maka pag asawa ulit.

Yes, pwede kayo mag asawa ulit kung divorce kayo in accordance with PD1083, yon ay kung Muslim (Nag Muslim) kayo at willing to register your first Marriage in accordance with PD1083.

Mabilis poh ang process ng Divorce sa Shariah kung tama at willing tumulong ang Atty na kausap mo.

View user profile

3 Re: Atty na ng neglect ng Annulment Case on Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:28 am


Prision Correccional
Actually you cannot go to shariah court for divorce if you are married under family code. I suggest you talk to your lawyer regarding your case, ask for second opinion on other lawyer regarding how long divorce cases would take and tell them your situation. And next time, being a lesson learned, do not fully pay services not yet fully rendered.

View user profile

4 Re: Atty na ng neglect ng Annulment Case on Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:21 pm


Arresto Menor
I agree but if the parties are converted to Islam with mutual desire to register their marriage in accordance with Muslim law, they can now file divorce in the Shariah Court.

Under Art. 178 of PD1083 "The Effect of conversion to Islam on marriage. - The conversion of non-Muslim spouses to Islam shall have the legal effect of ratifying their marriage as if the same had been performed in accordance with the provisions of this Code or Muslim law, provided that there is no legal impediment to the marriage under Muslim law."

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum