Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Change child's surname to real biological father or mother's maiden name

Post new topic  Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
I read that to impugn a child born under my surname is within the first 1-2 years of his birth only.

My ex wife recently revealed that the youngest born (who is now 4 years old) is not my son. We've been separated for 5 years but we are not yet annulled legally although she's living with the son's biological father (who is also married and not yet legally annulled).

When she got pregnant I paid for the hospital bill because I wanted to help her although I already knew that the child is not mine. I was confused at that time on what to do. Although I didn't sign anything at the hospital for the child's birth certificate, I know that it was automatic for the child to use my surname since legally speaking the mother and I are still married.

I want the child to change surname (remove my name and surname in his birth certificate) is this possible? How long is the process and shall I need evidences to prove the child's paternity?

What if the mother agrees and confess that the child indeed is not my son, will it lessen the process?

Thank you.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Post new topic  Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum