Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

doctor malpractice

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 doctor malpractice on Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:55 pm


Arresto Menor
I'm a seaman...after my pre-employment medical exam my company accredit medical clinic ask me to take an HBT ultrasound. On the result...there were small gallstone on my gallbladder. One of the doctor on the said clinic ask me to consult a surgeon for possible surgery. So I consulted a specialist outside of the clinic...he said that I don't need a surgery since I have very small stones that need immediate surgery. I went back to the clinic and show the fit to work certificate. But I was refer to the head doctor who s not a surgeon nor a specializing doctor for my case and was told that I still need to get my gallbladder remove before they put me fit for duty so I can go back to the ship and work. I don't have a I consulted another surgeon close where I live to get the surgery done. His initial assessment was the same with the first surgeon I consulted. I still went through with the surgery because I need a job. Now my question is...can I file a lawsuit against the head doctor of our accredited clinic? I've heard that there were a lot of case like mine who were force to get gallbladder removal because they can't go back to work if they don't. Is the the head doctor who doesn't really have the proper knowledge or not the specializing doctor can be held liable?
Thank you Sir/Madam

View user profile

2 Re: doctor malpractice on Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:55 pm


Reclusion Perpetua
Pwede kang magsampa ng medical malpractice against your company physician, with the help of a competent lawyer.

Para makita natin kung may medical malpractice nga, kelangan may mga doctors na magtetestify on court that specializes in such procedure tapos iba yung magiging recommendation nila based on your laboratory data and assessments. Required kasi sa mga doctors ayon sa batas natin to be as diligent as that of a doctor of their same specialization when it comes to the welfare of their patients.

You may go to the nearest Public Attorney's Office (PAO) if you so wish to obtain free legal advice regarding your legal predicament as of now.

Good luck in your situation, and may you be given due justice.

View user profile

3 What happened? on Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:00 am


Arresto Menor
I'd love to hear the progress you made in your case, expecially if you were able to get doctors to testify on your behalf. I'm told that it's impossible to find a doctor who will testify against another doctor.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum