Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

ancestral home partition

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 ancestral home partition on Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:12 pm


Arresto Menor
good day!what may be the proper remedy if one of the sibling wants his share in the ancestral home of my deceased grandparents?Because he wants to get his share and doesnt want to be involved anymore in the said house and the other siblings doesnt want to give anything because they arent selling the house.Thank you

View user profile

2 Re: ancestral home partition on Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:32 am


Reclusion Perpetua
The solution is to partition the property provided there is no documented prohibition from the deceased titled owner to partition it. It will go through the process of updating tax payments, completing the extra judicial settlement documentation, publication of EJS and retitling of the property with the Register of Deeds and Land Registration Authority. These entail costs which is usually shared equally by the heirs.

Last edited by centro on Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

3 Re: ancestral home partition on Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:45 pm


Arresto Menor
Thank you for the advice Very Happy

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum