Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Passport application for a child

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Passport application for a child on Mon Mar 21, 2016 8:24 am


Arresto Menor

I am the uncle of a child who was abandoned by her mother since since was 3 years old. The child lives with us together with his biological father. Child's age is 7 going 8 this August.

May question is how can we apply for the child's passport because she really wants to go to Hong Kong Disneyland? We have been saving for the travel since last year little by little.

DFA said that we need to have the custody of the child transferred to the father so that the father can apply for the passport.

How do we do this? How long would it take? Is it costly? Where can we get lawyer either pro bono or has low professional fee?

View user profile

2 Re: Passport application for a child on Sun Mar 27, 2016 1:16 pm


Reclusion Perpetua
Parents were married?child bears the lastname of father?

View user profile

3 Re: Passport application for a child on Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:22 pm


Arresto Menor

The parents were not married but the child bears the fathers lastname.

View user profile

4 Re: Passport application for a child on Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:39 am


only the mother of an illegitimate child has parental authority over the child. it is correct that you have to go to court to seek legal custody of the child. you can inquire at the IBP, PAO or law schools, but not sure you will qualify considering you can afford to go to HK Disneyland.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum