Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

illigetimate child surname change and rights

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 illigetimate child surname change and rights on Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:44 pm


Arresto Menor
My child surname carries now his father surname which he acknowledged after 3 years I gave birth for personal reason because he is married and on process for annulment. My son is using his father surname now for the last 4 years in his passport and school documents and even our oversea documents because we have lived for 3 countires for the last 5 years. Is it possible to change back his surname from his father surname to my surname? If possible, how can I go about it? Another issue, now that me and his father are separated after 10 years though we did not get married because he is not annulled yet, can I ask for an abandonment agreement from a lawyer that he will not be allowed to get near or see my son? As much as possible I want to remove his fathers right to him. I am financially able and wants to move on my son and own life after the betrayal of his father in having another affair with another woman.

Please enlighten me on this matter.
Thank you

View user profile


Arresto Menor
hello Ina, am glad I've read your post. We have the same dilemma. I was hoping someone could enlighten us on this matter.

View user profile


in the birt certificates of your children, is his last name already in the father's name? or was it originally in the mother's name and there is a stamp that the child may use the father's name because the father issued an authority to use surname of the father.

if the father acknowledged the child 3 years after the child was born, does that mean the certificate was registered late?

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum