Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nullity of Marriage

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Nullity of Marriage on Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:55 am

My friends wife and he got separated for 8 months and they had a child, in the early stage of their separation she got married to another man in a church, thinking it was the right thing to do, after 8 month of separation the girl went back to him and they got married through civil wedding conducted by the mayor of the town of her grand parents.

Is the marriage legal? any advise for my friend?

View user profile

2 Re: Nullity of Marriage on Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:27 pm

LandOwner12

Reclusion Perpetua
Clarify order of events.is the 1st marriage legal? That is regardless church or civil. The next marriage is void.

View user profile

3 Re: Nullity of Marriage on Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:25 am

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua
Plus it's illegal to be a live-in partner with a married woman for others than the husband, which can be a big problem for your friend if the other marriage is done legal.

An odd thing - How could the second marriage be approved???
Document is needed showing no one of them are married, so how could they get that to the SECOND marriage?? Was the FIRST marriage not done proper
or just not central registered, so the document handler couldn't see it when he checked?

View user profile

4 Nullity of Marriage on Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:32 pm

LandOwner12 wrote:Clarify order of events.is the 1st marriage legal? That is regardless church or civil. The next marriage is void.

I think the 1st marriage was legal, 2nd marriage was civil through the town mayor, no other documents was presented except for the application of marriage during the second event, and yet they lived as husband and wife for 10 years and counting as if the previous event didn't happen.

View user profile

5 Re: Nullity of Marriage on Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:18 pm

LandOwner12

Reclusion Perpetua
1st marriage is legal binding and 2nd marriage is void and bigamous.

View user profile

6 Re: Nullity of Marriage Today at 4:06 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum