Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer of Title

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Transfer of Title on Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:24 pm

erbiexnm

Arresto Menor
I used to have a business partner, we bought a property in Laguna. The title is under my name but my partner keeps the original copy of land title. I told her that since our business is already closed, we need to divide the property but she wanted to get bigger portion of the property. I told her to divide it equally.

Here are my questions:

1.) How can I get hold of the original copy of land title? The land title is under my name but my partner don't want to give the original copy of land title.

2.) What is the procedure to get certified true copy of land title? How many days will it take to get the certified true copy?

3.) Can my partner sell the property even if the title is under my name?

4.) What is the best move to protect my share?

Thanks.

View user profile

2 Re: Transfer of Title on Wed Jan 12, 2011 6:37 pm

attyLLL

when you say title do you mean a tax declaration or an actual title issued by the register of deeds. a TCT?

what is this business relationship you had?

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: Transfer of Title on Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:58 pm

erbiexnm

Arresto Menor
Hi attyLLL,

I'm referring to the actual title issued by the register of deeds. My business partner is my sister. The company is under my name (as Sole Proprietor). We closed the business 19 years ago.

View user profile

4 Re: Transfer of Title on Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:43 pm

attyLLL

1) you can file a complaint for her to give you back the title.
2) you request for a certified copy at the register of deeds, should be one day only, 3 at most
3) not unless she falsifies your signature or you issued an authorization to her
4) if it's your sister, talk to her first

Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

5 Re: Transfer of Title on Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:39 am

erbiexnm

Arresto Menor
Thanks a lot attyLLL.

View user profile

6 Re: Transfer of Title on Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:16 pm

erbiexnm

Arresto Menor
Hi attyLLL,

In case my partner doesn't want to give the original copy of land title, can I declare it lost then request for re-issuance of new land title? How many days will it take to get a new land title and what is the procedure?

If I will transfer it into "corporation" para ipangalan na sa mga anak ko yun land title, any idea how much magagastos or how much should I prepare?

Thank you very much.

View user profile

7 Re: Transfer of Title on Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:25 pm

erbiexnm

Arresto Menor
Hi attyLLL,

In case hindi ibigay ng partner ko yun original copy, can I request for re-issuance of land title? Paano po ang process to get a new land title and gaano katagal before ma-issue yun new land title?

How much should I prepare if I will transfer the title into corporation (para sa mga anak ko)?

Thanks.

View user profile

8 Re: Transfer of Title on Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:49 am

attyLLL

process of reissuance of title requires a petition to be filed in court. it will require you to state under oath that you do not know where the title is. if someone can prove that you actually know, then you can be made liable for perjury. just be aware of this risk.

View user profile

9 Re: Transfer of Title on Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:38 pm

erbiexnm

Arresto Menor
Thanks a lot attyLLL.

View user profile

10 Re: Transfer of Title Today at 12:39 am

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum