Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Violence against a child.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Violence against a child. on Mon Mar 28, 2016 2:39 pm


Arresto Menor
A child was intentionally run over by a motorcycle driven by an adult (a teacher in fact). The father of the child, out of anger seeing his bloodied child, punched the driver of the motorcycle. Apparently the motorcylce driver has padrino in higher office. While at the munisipyo, the police outrightly concluded that the incident was just a minor accident while  threatening the father of the child with jail time because of the punching incident, that is, if he would not agree that the matter be settled in barangay level. The father sensing bias and fearing for his safety, initially agreed . The police did not write any blotter nor impound the motorcycle even if they knew that the driver has an expired student license. They just write referral letter to barangay.

The barangay just logged the complaint and the initial settlement.

During the same night, the child was taken to a private hospital for further treatment, it was then learned that the child sustained multiple cuts and bruises, broken arm and hairline fracture (cranial).

Three days later, the father wanted to withdraw the settlement in barangay, after noting the extent of his childs injury as well as the availability of multiple witnesses. Initially, the Kapitan de barangay, referred the case to the police but the police referred it back to Kapitan for hearing at the lupon. Now the case was still in barangay, waiting for 45 days maturity. The case was 2 weeks old as of posting.

Now the question,
1.) Is it really the process? (how the police handled the situation)
2.) Does the barangay has jurisdiction to the case, given the fact that the victim was minor and there were witnesses with sworn affidavit attesting that the incident was in fact not accidental but intentional.
3.) Would the party of the child have to wait for 45 days? just to obtain "Certification for File Action"
4.) What are the steps so that they file a case to fiscal's office, the soonest.


View user profile

2 Re: Violence against a child. on Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:02 pm


Reclusion Perpetua
1st step baranggay. Kung walang mapagkasunduan then issue c kapitan ng certificate to file action. Right then and there after the meeting. Kung ayaw magbigay ni kapitan pwede diretso sa pulis. If me contact p rin pao n lapitan nyo.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum