Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Property Tax

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Property Tax on Mon Mar 28, 2016 5:59 pm

Carlosi

Arresto Menor
Good day.
My parents gave us our house. We have paid our land tax but our home is not listed as an improvement in our municipality. Our home was built in 1992. Will we pay the tax from 1992 or from the time we list it in our municipality? What are the legal consequences for this and how can this be fixed? We are willing to pay the tax for our home but we just need to know if there are any legal implications for this. For some reason we dont know, my parents didnt get to list our home in our municipality.

Thanks!

View user profile

2 Re: Property Tax on Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:58 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua
" We have paid our land tax but our home is not listed as an improvement in our municipality."
Do you mean it's registeread as land with no house on, or not registered at all?

"Will we pay the tax from 1992 or from the time we list it in our municipality?"
I'm not sure, but I BELIEVE the time limit they can ask tax back in time is 5 years.

"What are the legal consequences for this and how can this be fixed? We are willing to pay the tax for our home but we just need to know if there are any legal implications for this. "
Well. The officials have some right to TAKE property if owner don't pay property tax, but NOT now when you offer to pay property tax.
Just go to the local office and tell what you want.
Make sure you get reciept.

After you have paid property tax at least 10 years, then you can apply to get it TITLED in a special office, which handle such. I don't know if the 10 years are counted from you pay now, or if you can count all the years you pay for afterwards too..

View user profile

3 Re: Property Tax on Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:54 pm

Carlosi

Arresto Menor
Its registered as land with no house on it.

Sir/ma'am do you have any idea how much this will cost us? Just want to know before i go there. Baka kasi biglang umandar yung deadline pero wala kaming idea how much "at least" money we need to prepare for this.

Thanks!

View user profile

4 Re: Property Tax on Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:15 pm

Carlosi

Arresto Menor
Additional question po, once we go sa munisipyo and expressed our intent to pay whatever is necessary to fix this, aandar na ba agad yung deadline nila to settle whats needed? Thanks again!

View user profile

5 Re: Property Tax on Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:10 pm

Lunkan

Reclusion Perpetua
It's complicated. You can see whole here  http://bir.gov.ph/ under Property tax in the menu   - when the server functions  Smile    It's down when I write this.

It's TWO types for PROPERTY tax.  (Not to be mixed up with ESTATE tax, which is when SELLING a property.)
/Property tax
/and some tax by property owners support education.

It's MUCH different tax percentages for different:
/location  (Double in Metro Manila region)
/type classification
/property value (higher percent the higher value.)

If outside Metro Manila, agricultural and not very big, then  I GUESS your total tax will be around 0,6 percent of the property value per year
= TOTAL for 5 years. 3000p per 100 000p your property is worth.  
PLUS it's risk they will want some punishment fee for late pay, but some municipalies don't ask that, because they get so happy by someone come and say they want to pay tax   haha    (Sometimes some municipalities give amnesty for late property tax payers.)

In the FUTURE you can think of many municipalies give 10 - 20 percent of the tax DISCOUNT if you pay earlier than you need to.

"aandar na ba agad yung deadline nila to settle whats needed?"
I suppouse there are local differences. Ask them.
If you want to know in advance, you can send someone NOT family there and ask anonomous Smile

View user profile

6 Re: Property Tax Today at 8:20 pm

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum