Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

ESTAFA CASE FILED 25 years ago

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 ESTAFA CASE FILED 25 years ago on Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:20 pm

Arresto Menor
Gud Day! Just want to ask regarding may auntie's estafa case. . . the warrant issued after she left for Singapore. 25 years na po yun. . . yung company daw po eh sarado na and yung owner eh patay na rin. . . if ever po ba umuwi sya here sa Phlippines eh okei lang, or may tendency po na may hold departure order sya sa airport? We're affraid naman po to ask the court baka po kasi buhayin pa if ever close na yung case. . . What po magandang gawin, my auntie wants to visit Philippines.

View user profile

2 Re: ESTAFA CASE FILED 25 years ago on Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:43 pm

Arresto Menor
Does your auntie had been arraigned? If not, the case has already prescribed and the state can no longer prosecute her. However, if she had been arraigned, the running of prescriptive period will not be stayed, thus, she can still be prosecuted. The closure of the company as well as the death of its owner have nothing to do because these will not extinguish her criminal liability. In criminal cases, the truly offended party is the State, not the private individuals; thus, the closure of the company and the death of its owner will not work favorably to your auntie's case.

View user profile

3 Re: ESTAFA CASE FILED 25 years ago on Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:53 pm

maryknowl, a warrant of arrest is effective until recall by the court. I do not believe there is a manhunt for your aunt, but know that there is a risk. i recommend you inquire at the Bureau of immigration if she is in the Derogatory List.

[i] Visit our FB Page: BPO Employee Legal Advice
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum