Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Adopt my niece legally

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Adopt my niece legally on Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:14 am

lunargroupcompany

Arresto Menor
Greetings,
I am Filipina married in US for 6 years and currently applying for US citizenship. My brother is also married in Philippines but his wife left them for work in abroad but no constant communication for about 1 year now. My brother wants me to adopt his only 3 years old girl legally. What is the best advice you can give in order to adopt my niece. Immediate response is highly appreciated. Thank you

View user profile

2 Re: Adopt my niece legally on Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:39 pm

tsi ming choi

Reclusion Perpetua
Better apply for adoption as soon as possible since you are not yet a US citizen. Our laws on adoption has two kinds, The law on adoption(local) and the inter-country adoption. The difference is that in the former, the adopter is a filipino citizen while the latter is an alien. There are more or additional requisite if you are an alien adopting a filipino citizen under inter country adoption.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum