Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Need to Change Last Name but No Longer Residing in the Place of Birth

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


Arresto Menor
Hello po, I'm 25 years old and currently residing in Bacolod and I was born in Paranaque City. My problem is I cannot graduate in college (in Bacolod) because I used my father's last name in all my documents except for my birth certificate. In my birth certificate my last name is taken from my mother's surname.

-My parents are not married.
-My father doesn't want me to change all my documents to match my birth certificate.
-My birth certificate also has a wrong birth month and year.
-Troubled whether I alone can go back to Paranaque and fix the papers myself and just send the papers to Bacolod so my father can sign it. That way I don't need to spend too much for traveling expenses.

Also, what are the requirements that my father has to pass to change my surname?

I would really appreciate the help I've been trying to fix this for more than 4 years now. Thank you.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum