I will restate your situation to better understand what transpired based on the narration stated. I will write in English because I am picking up provisions in English and shorter to write.
• A programming student commissioned you for a project.
• There was an agreement on the price and the output. There was no written agreement.
• It is not clear what exactly are the deliverables.
• It appears there were revisions, how many it was not stated. From your view, it was not covered in the agreement.
• Yet revisions were demanded. It was not clear how much was charged for the revisions relative to the original agreement.
• At this point, the possible violation is breach of contract if the deliverables were clear and not delivered, if payments were agreed upon and were not made, if standards were set and not met.
• If it is swindling, here is how 315-319 of the revised penal code words it. Check if your situation meets the definition (only some selections):
1. With unfaithfulness or abuse of confidence, namely:
(a) By altering the substance, quantity, or quality or anything of value which the offender shall deliver by virtue of an obligation to do so, even though such obligation be based on an immoral or illegal consideration.
2. By means of any of the following false pretenses or fraudulent acts executed prior to or simultaneously with the commission of the fraud: (b) By altering the quality, fineness or weight of anything pertaining to his art or business
Under Article 316 5. Any person who shall accept any compensation given him under the belief that it was in payment of services rendered or labor performed by him, when in fact he did not actually perform such services or labor.
It appears you agreed to do the revision. But still not clear up to what extent.
The student filed charges at the barangay. Although it was not stated what the charges were I assumed they pertained to for non deliverables.
Your wife was subjected to humiliation. Review Art 287 of the Revised Penal Code “There is a provision to include any human conduct that, although not productive of some physical or material harm, could unjustifiably annoy or vex an innocent person. The paramount question to be considered is whether the offender’s act caused annoyance, irritation, torment, distress, or disturbance to the mind of the person to whom it was directed.”
Patuloy mo lang ang pagreresearch ng possible violations ayon sa Penal Code para malaman initially kung sino ang tama. Mahalaga na klaro ang mga unang usapin:
1. Ano ang original agreement? Hanggang saan ang deliverables sa programang ginawa mo? Kanino ang ownership?
2. Noong pumawag ka sa revisions, ano ang bagong agreement?
3. Paaano nanaman nabali?
4. Ano ang charges sa Barangay?
Magtanongtanong din sa iba. Perspektiba ko lang ito ayon sa pagkakaintindi ko. Paki validate at icorrect kung may di tamang intindi.