Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 DRUG POSSESION ACCUSATION on Fri Apr 22, 2016 10:35 am

Bryan Baxter

Arresto Menor
Dear Sir/Mdm,

My friend's mom is in prison since Oct last year for being an accomplice for drug possession. The drug actually belong to her relative whom came to stay with her a few days. During the drug bust, my friend's parents and the relative were caught by the police and brought to police station.

Since then, my friend's father has been released after 03 weeks of being held how ever my friend's mom is still being held. According to her attorney, she has 03 hearings where by her last hearing was on the 19th this month before the judge pass out the sentencing. According to her attorney as well, if the witness [police who arrested her] did not show up for all the 03 hearings, she would be released but this did not happen, on the 03rd hearing, the case was postponed to 2018. My friend is not sure why but according to the attorney, the judge wish for the witness to be present.

He is not sure how does the system work; kindly assist on this :

1) My friend's mom is supposed to have her hearing, not a trial but why she has to spend longer time in prison, now till 2018 with out proper witness?

2) According to her attorney, after 03 hearings without any witness, she would be released. This was not done either, instead the case was postponed till 2018. This is a very long wait.

3) My friend's mom is 69 this year, she is very old and has been held for something that she did not commit. She has not been set on bail either as her attorney said she would be released soon. Can she be out on bail till the next hearing ?

My friend would appreciate if anyone could assist on this matter as my friend's mom has no criminal records and her relative did admit that the drug belong to her and does not involve my friend's mom.

Please help.

Thank you for your kind assistance and hope to get a reply from you soon.

Regards, Bryan Baxter Sad

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum