Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

2 Parehong Kaso, Isa Panalo, Isa Talo

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 2 Parehong Kaso, Isa Panalo, Isa Talo on Fri Apr 22, 2016 8:06 pm


Arresto Menor
May 2 kaso na magkapareho pero sa 2 magkaibang lugar isinampa. Parehong nadesisyunan na. Yung unang desisyon, panalo. Yung pangalawa talo. Ano po kaya ang pwedeng gawin?

Dahil po ito sa bouncing check. Meron pong nakanotaryo na kasulatan na ibabalik ang 2 cheque sa idinemanda pero imbis na ibalik ang cheque idenipost po. Walang funds kaya tumalbog. tapos idenemanda na. Nagkaron ng desisyon at yun nga panalo sa isa talo sa huli. Ano po kaya ang pwedeng gawin? salamat po

View user profile

2 Re: 2 Parehong Kaso, Isa Panalo, Isa Talo on Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:17 am


Reclusion Perpetua
Forum shopping po ang tawag dyan, maaaring ma-dismiss ang kaso or ma-contempt of court. Kayo po ba ang nagsampa ng kayo?

View user profile

3 Re: 2 Parehong Kaso, Isa Panalo, Isa Talo on Thu May 19, 2016 1:20 pm


Arresto Menor
Kami po ang sinampahan. Ano po kaya ang mangyayari at pwedeng gawin?

View user profile

4 Re: 2 Parehong Kaso, Isa Panalo, Isa Talo on Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:15 am


Arresto Menor
Filing a criminal complaint

When a cheque bounces the first time, the bank issues a 'cheque return memo', stating the reasons for non-payment. The holder can resubmit the cheque to the bank within three months of the date on it, if he believes it will be honoured the second time.

The other option would be to prosecute the defaulter legally. The first step is to send a legal notice to the defaulter within 30 days of receiving the cheque return memo. All the relevant facts of the case, including the nature of transaction, amount, date of depositing the instrument in the bank, and subsequent date of dishonouring, should be clearly mentioned in the notice. If the cheque issuer fails to make a fresh payment within 30 days of receiving the notice, the payee has the right to file a criminal complaint under Section 138 of the Negotiable Instruments Act. However, the complaint should be registered in a magistrate's court within a month of the expiry of the notice period.

If you fail to file the complaint within this period, your suit will become time-barred and, hence, not be entertained by the court unless you show sufficient and reasonable cause for the delay. On receiving the complaint, along with an affidavit and relevant paper trail, the court will issue summons and hear the matter. If found guilty, the defaulter can be punished with a prison term of two years and/or a fine, which can be as high as twice the cheque amount.

However, the defaulter can appeal to the sessions court within one month of the date of judgement of the lower court. If a prolonged court battle is not acceptable to both the parties, an out-of-court settlement can be attempted at any point. "You can also file a case of cheating under Section 420 of the Indian Penal Code, but the above recourse is preferred as it is faster and specially dedicated to this particular offence (bounced cheques)," says Ravi Goenka, advocate, Goenka Law Associates.

Read more: articles.economictimes.indiatimes(dot)com/2013-06-24/news/40166457_1_cheque-bounces-defaulter-legal-recourse

You should comply to the rules.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum