Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Birth Certificate Problem

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Birth Certificate Problem on Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:31 pm


Arresto Menor
Good Day Ma'am/Sir!

Would like to ask for a legal advice on what should I do regarding a problem that I have now.

I want to change the father's info of my son's birth certificate. Kasi po ung nakalagay dun ay ung name ng ex-hubby ko. Kaya na-carry din nya ung lastname ng ex-hubby ko. Pero nde naman po sya ung ama ng bata.

Gusto ko po sanang ipa-change ung father's info sa birth cert ng anak ko. Puede po ba yon? Nakipaghiwalay po kasi ako sa ex-hubby ko dahil battered wife po ako. At the same time, siya din po ang nagpalayas sa akin. Nabuntis po ako nung hiwalay kami. Kaso po nagamit ko po ung info ng ex-hubby ko sa birth cert ng last baby ko kasi po para sa philhealth. Hindi rin po kasi alam sa trabaho ko ung totoong nangyari sa akin. Dahil ayaw ko pong pag simulan ako ng tsismis.

I am asking for your kind help. Tulungan nyo naman po ako kung ano po ang dapat kong gawin para mabago ung birth cert ng anak ko at ma-i-register po sa biological father nya.

Maraming salamat po.

View user profile

2 Re: Birth Certificate Problem on Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:18 pm


i am afraid the legal solution is very difficult, and no longer available if the child is more than 1 year old.

your husband has to declare that the child is not his and file a petition in court. only he has the right to do so, not you, not the biological father.

i'm afraid the law is very strict on this.

[i] Visit our FB Page: FOR MORE LEGAL ADVICE  
Warning and Disclaimer: I am not your lawyer; and you are not my client. With the limitations of an  Internet forum, a thorough review of your concern is not possible. View my comments at YOUR OWN RISK. It is best to actually retain a lawyer for your individual concerns.
View user profile

3 Re: Birth Certificate Problem on Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:46 pm


Arresto Menor
Thank you atty. I really appreciate your response..

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum