Free Legal Advice Philippines

Disclaimer: This web site is designed for general information only and does not create attorney-client relationship. Persons accessing this site are encouraged to seek independent counsel for legal advice regarding their individual legal issues.

Log in

I forgot my password

You are not connected. Please login or register

Possible Legal remedies to remarry.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Possible Legal remedies to remarry. on Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:27 pm

Anna Claudette

Arresto Menor
Dear Lawyers,

Are there any possible legal remedies we can do for me to remarry. I am separated already 10 years ago and my ex- husband is in U.S. now. In year 2010, he sent me Divorce Petition in which I did not signed because of the lack of Child Support clause.

I accepted the engagement proposal of my fiance (single status) and I want to know please, if it's possible that I can marry him.

We are both working in Doha, Qatar now.

Thanks for giving time to read on this inquiry.

View user profile

2 Re: Possible Legal remedies to remarry. on Wed May 04, 2016 3:08 pm


Reclusion Perpetua

Was your ex-husband a Filipino citizen at the time that he had filed for divorce in 2010? If yes, you cannot have the divorce judicially recognized because a divorce obtained abroad by a Filipino citizen is not recognized in the Philippines.

If your husband was a U.S. citizen at the time he had filed for divorce, you can have it judicially recognized in the Philippines. Once it is recorded in the civil registry, you can remarry.

Since you are working in Doha, Qatar, you can execute a Special Power of Attorney in favor of a relative or a representative to attend the court hearings for you.

IF you need legal assistance, you may email me directly on


Atty. Katrina

View user profile

3 Re: Possible Legal remedies to remarry. on Wed May 18, 2016 5:18 am


Arresto Menor
we had our marriage under article 34 that was arranged by my uncle and his Mayor friend. My husband and i did not obtain a license of marriage due to the lack of knowledge about it. we did not live together for 5 years. we want to get married again legally. can we do it without declaration of nullity?

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum